Why Choosing Our Family is the Best Decision
For more than five decades the Shugart Family provided pet parents compassionate and loving care while serving their needs. Our Founders, Doyle and Maudann Shugart, recognized many years ago, the need to respectfully take care of our pets who have spent their lives with us and are members of the family. As a Funeral Director, Doyle’s desire was to offer services that were directly related to the same level of care provided for humans. Fifty years later, we are proud to provide the finest Pet Funeral Home in the nation offering every service and amenity afforded to humans.
A Singular Focus – Your Needs
All of our attention is devoted to meeting the needs of our pet parents and their wishes for their pet’s final arrangements. At Deceased Pet Care we are dedicated to being responsive to your needs and providing flexibility in customizing your arrangements to meet your needs. We have our own crematories, our own cemeteries, our own funeral homes, and therefore do not rely on a third party to provide this service. This gives us complete control of all processes for your peace of mind. Our motto, “Because Your Pet is a Member of the Family”, is the standard by which we live on a daily basis.
You can rest assured that every member of our staff takes great personal pride in providing the highest level of caring and professional services, from our funeral homes and our cemeteries, to all our devoted staff, most of who have been with us for more than ten years. We are proud of the outstanding reputation we have earned within our industry. As a long-standing member of the International Association of Pet Cemeteries and Crematories, we are committed to upholding the highest ethical standards and practices within the pet aftercare industry. At Deceased Pet Care Funeral Homes, we set the standard for pet cremations and burials.
A Personal Relationship
When a family suffers the loss of a beloved pet, it is comforting to know who is taking care of your pet. It is important to us to not only serve your current need, but to build a long-lasting relationship with you and your family. We have served many of our pet parents for more than 50 years, taking special care of their many beloved pets. From pre-need planning to aftercare services, you can count on us to understand and provide for your needs. When you need us, we are here for your family, providing the same high quality of care our clients have come to know and expect from us.
Affiliations and Awards
- Pictured, Founder of Deceased Pet Care, Doyle L. Shugart
- Accredited Member of the International Association of Pet Cemeteries and Crematories, (IAOPCC), a non-profit, worldwide organization dedicated to ensuring the highest business standards and ethical practices within the Pet Aftercare Industry. Keith Shugart currently serves on the Board of Directors and the Standards & Ethics Committee for the IAOPCC; Donna Shugart-Bethune currently serves an Executive Director for the association
- Founder, Doyle L. Shugart, previously served on the Board of Directors of the IAOPCC as the Ethics Committee Chairman and as IAOPCC President for four years
- Member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Recipient of Chamblee Business Association Business of the Year Award
- Nominee for Georgia Small Family Business of the Year Award
- Formerly Featured in Atlanta Magazine as Best Pet Cemetery in Atlanta